In case you're facing a "Machine registration fail" error when logging on your account, there may be two potential reasons preventing your Machine/Computer to be properly registered with the Arturia Software Center.
The first reason may be related to the fact that your "Computer Name" may possibly contain some special characters or some emojis not supported by the Arturia Software Center.
In such case, simply editing your "Computer Name" and removing these should be enough to resolve the issue.
Make sure to refer to the articles below to understand how to change your computer name:
- Mac OS
Once done, make sure to first restart your computer before trying to log once again on your account through the Arturia Software Center.
The second reason may be related to the fact that the ASC may not have the permissions to write to the needed files.
Here are the steps to fix it :
- Quit the ASC if it is running.
- In the Finder, go to /Library/Arturia.
- Right-click on the folder "Arturia Software Center" and select "Get Info".
- Set the permissions to "Read and Write" for all the owners as shown below (and make sure that "me" is also present with the same permissions defined as well), then click on "Apply to enclosing items" (you might have to click on the lock to change the permissions).
- Then, change the permissions and ownership as well for both "id.ascd" and "lic.ascd" files contained in the "Arturia Software Center" folder to "Read and Write" as well.
Once done, open the ASC once again and then give it another try.