Has a total width of 88Hp.
When the RackBrute power supply is connected, 83Hp are available.
The max depth available on a RackBrute 3U is 53mm.
Visualize the RackBrute 3U in Modular Grid
Has a total width of 176Hp.
When the RackBrute power supply is connected, 171Hp are available.
The max depth available on a RackBrute 6U is:
- 53mm on the upper part. (power bus)
- 75mm on the lower part. (no power bus)
Visualize the RackBrute 6U in Modular Grid
The RackBrute Power supply is able to provide up to:
- 1600mA on the +12V output
- 1600mA on the -12V output
- 900mA on the +5V output
- Max power load : 31,3W
When choosing modules, it's good policy not to exceed 80% of what the power supply can deliver. Leaving 20% headroom in case of any current spikes.
Also make a habit of checking the current a module draws. A typical specification looks like this:
- +12V: <40 mA
- -12V: <10 mA
- +5V: <10mA
Note: The 6U RackBrute has 2 rows of connectors: 20 on the first row and 12 on the second row. A wise precaution is to spread the load over the two bus boards to avoid overloading a row.