Here is the FAQ article dedicated to the Firmware V5 update of the MicroFreak.
Please read carefully the "Update to Firmware V5" section and the "How to Import User Samples" section before proceeding with the update.
The Arturia team worked on a lot of new features and content for FW 5.0 of your MicroFreak, including:
- 4 sample-based oscillators: Sample, Scan Grains, Cloud Grains, and Hit Grains
- a Samples tab in the MIDI Control Center
- a new preset bank, and 52 factory samples
- the expansion of the preset slots up to 512
- an optimized Utility menu
- a Key/Arp Mode generating a new random value for each key pressed when "Random" is selected
- Envelope Snap options to create a sharper decay on the envelope
If you have already installed the MCC, it will automatically update to the latest version.
Once the MCC has updated by itself, and that your MicroFreak is connected to your computer, you'll be notified that a new firmware update is available.
Please click on Install.
Once the firmware update is complete, please do not unplug the MicroFreak. The update will move on to the second phase, with the MCC reopening and a new pop-up window about the transfer of samples appearing on screen.
This is the second phase of the update for this firmware V5 of MicroFreak.
Please click on OK to transfer the factory samples library inside the MicroFreak.
Once the transfer is complete, you've completed the two-phase update.
Finally, to take full advantage of the update, you should also send the new Factory preset from V5 to your MicroFreak.
To best way to do so is to drag-and-drop the new presets on empty preset slots in your MicroFreak.
You can also use the "Send to MicroFreak" button, but it will erase the presets you have on your MicroFreak, and will replace them with these new Factory presets.
If you want to go further, you can also import your own samples.
To do so:
- First, create a User bank using the "New Bank" button.
- Once this is done, you can import your own samples in the User bank.
- Finally, you can either drag and drop individual samples from the MIDI Control Center directly into the MicroFreak.
- Or you can use the "Send to MicroFreak" button to send the whole bank to your MicroFreak, but it will overwrite the existing samples on the MicroFreak.
It is possible that at some point the Device memory reach full capacity. You'll then be offered with the option of defragmenting the memory so that the sample(s) can fit.